Monday, October 25, 2010

Updating my Music Library

I have been slowly transfering my music collection to mass storage device. I'm using iTunes at present. I think I'm only about 1/3 of my way through cataloging the collection. So far 594 albums with 13.3 days of continuous listening. Compared to my audio collection of 417 items and 39 days of continuous listening. I have no idea when my cataloging will end, it just seems to go on and on.

My music interest really only bloomed when I met my wife and she broadened my taste. Originally I was a classical "snob" with a lot of my music taste being similar to my parents. Really old stuff like Bing Crosby, Perry Como and classics like Oklahoma and South Pacific. Sad but true. I do like my classic oldies although I do prefer the early 80's and late 70's. Countdown was a regular staple on my TV schedule. I wonder if I can get The Kenny Everett Videoshow. It was one of my favourites, along with Kremin of the Starcorp. Damn I'm feeling old.

Some of my favourite musians/bands are:

The Sisters of Mercy - I really enjoyed "Floodland".
ABC
Queen
Duran Duran
Electric Light Orchestra - Discovery
Kate Bush
Eurythmics
Bryan Ferry
David Bowie

and my daughter has exposed me to:

Pink
Lady Gaga

Now all I have to do is find out who the group was who were singing the pirate songs at Brendans?

No rest for the wicked, its bad to work.

Cheers

John

No comments:

Post a Comment