Monday, October 18, 2010

Tuesday: Update

The Thanaris Cup has been run and won. My work is done. OK I'll stop ryhming now.

I'm a ship lost at sea now. I put so much effort in the last few weeks to seeing that I had enough terrain and prizes I am now, having completed the task, not sure what to do? Well I know what I have to do. Paint miniatures...

It's just that with my life now returning to the hum drum of diminished life, I don't have that goal to be striving for. It is one of my weaknesses that unless I have something to work towards I lack any real motivation to do anything. So I wander from one project to the next. Not sure where to direct my hive of industry. It is frustrating.

I have been busy painting Sam's Gremlins and I'm happy with them. I finished the last of them today, and have just the basing to finish up to sign off on this job. I now have his Colette Crew figures for Malifaux on the table. I'm just deciding how to base them. I'm thinking of digging around in my library for pictures of what theatres looked like back in the late 1800's. I hope to find some inspiration there.

My friend James lent me "The Middleman" TV series which I have just finished watching over two days. I can't stop praising this oddball one off (yes its sad it got canned after one season). I'm going to have to watch it again just to try and get all the missed stuff in context, and believe me there is a lot of it. So if you can, grab it and have a watch, you won't be dissappointed. It reminded me a lot of "The Tick" TV series (not the animated series). Another good watch if you can get it.

My multi-tasking is working with painting as I've been working on my War Rocket figures. My Valkeeri and just about all done now. I'm just going to name the larger class ships, I'm thinking the Class III and IV's only. I'm torn between doing the Zenithians (Saucer men from the Seventh Dimension) and shock horror the Galacteers (Flash Gordon types). Don't know which way I'll go at the moment, I'm spoilt for choice. Mind you they are talking about two new fleets for 2011, wonder what they might be.

I'm off to find that proverbial stone to squeeze blood from.

Cheers

John

No comments:

Post a Comment