Tuesday, May 22, 2018

My Top 5 Games as of May 2018

I recently (yes it was today) looked at BGG and reviewed their list against the games I owned.  Here are the top 20 games I own and the ranking that BGG gave them (at the time).

01. Gloomhaven (BGG-R#1)
02. Twilight Struggle (BGG-R#4)
03. Terraforming Mars (BGG-R#5)
04. Star Wars: Rebellion (BGG-R#6)
05: Scythe (BGG-R#7)
06: Viticulture (BGG-R#19)
07: Arkham Horror: The Card Game (BGG-R#20)
08: Mansions of Madness: 2nd Edition (BGG-R#21)*
09: Blood Rage (BGG-R#23)
10: A Feast for Odin (BGG-R#30)
11: Robinson Crusoe: Adventures on the Cursed Island (BGG-R#36)
12: Eldritch Horror (BGG-R#46)
13: Race for the Galaxy (BGG-R#50)
14: Lords of Waterdeep (BGG-R#51)
15: El Grande (BGG-R#55)
16: Clank! A Deck-Building Adventure (BGG-R#61)
17: Battlestar Galactica: The Board Game (BGG-R#62)
18: Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game (BGG-R#6)
19: Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective: The Thames Murder & Other Cases (BGG-R#66)**
20: Santorini (BGG-R#74)

Notes: BGG-R#x = Board Game Geek - Rating Number
* I own only the first edition of Mansions of Madness but have included it as owned anyway.
** I own the other editions (including the original releases), so have included this as one owned.

My top five games however do not reflect the top 20 games as ranked by BGG.  My tastes and preferences are different and what I want to play first and foremost will reflect me as a person.  Here is my top five games of choice.

01: Lords of Waterdeep
02: Twilight Struggle
03: Viticulture
04: Eldritch Horror
05: A Feast for Odin

So there you have it.

I've included a link to my YouTube video HERE, it may explain why I have chosen these as my top five.

Till next time.

The Hon. John

No comments:

Post a Comment