Wednesday, December 13, 2017

The Game Tally for 2017

The year is almost over and it’s time to again look at my game record for the year.

I obtained Board Game Stats App in late June and have been religiously recording my games.  Since June I have played 101 games over 47 game titles with 15 people.  According to the App I have spent approximately 51 hours enjoying myself.  If I had this App at the beginning of the year my records would show more.

When I look at my game club The Blind Pig I find I’ve played 47 games over 31 game titles with 13 people.  I spent approximately 24 hours gaming at the club over the 9 club days.

I could include the games which I played solo (noted further down) but these really don’t count when I look at social interaction.

Club Games

Game Title
Games Played
Number of People
BANG! The Dice Game *
3
6
Tortuga 1667
3
8
Gods’ Gambit
3
6
Kingdomino *
3
6
Star Realms *
2
2
Clank! A Deck-Building Adventure *
2
6
Downsize
2
6
Viticulture
2
8
Machi Koro: Bright Lights
2
6
Barenpark *
2
4
Lovecraft Letter *
2
6
Captain Sonar *
2
8
Valley of the Kings: Afterlife *
1
4
Awesome Kingdom: The Tower of Hateskull *
1
4
Nightfall
1
5
Epic Card Game
1
2
Stormweavers
1
3
Steampunk Rally
1
7
Talisman 4th Ed *
1
6
Euphoria: Build a Better Dystopia
1
6
The Red Dragon Inn
1
6
A Feast for Odin *
1
4
Abandon Planet
1
7
Thief’s Market
1
5
Hanamakoji *
1
2
Yamatai
1
4
Between Two Cities
1
7
Roll for the Galaxy
1
5
Godforsaken Scavengers
1
4
51st State
1
4
Unfair *
1
5

The titles marked with an asterisk (*) are games I have in my collection (13 of the 31 ~ 42% approximately).

One of the things I enjoy most about a games club is the ability to try before you buy games.  I am a collector, according to Board Game Geek my collection is 407/410 in number (trying to work out the 3 difference).  A number of people ask me why I hang on to so many games or buy games that people I play with already have.  As I’ve posted in a previous article, the people I game with now are not the people I gamed with 37 plus years ago.  In those early days I played games which I regret not having bought at the time, of course I regret even more the games I gave away, but I’m someone who’s known for their generosity and I don’t begrudge it.  So my philosophy is, if I like a game, buy it, store it, play it whatever is needed: at least you own that game and don’t have to rely on others.

Home Games

Game Title
Games Played
Number of People
Massive Darkness
8
2
Chainsaw Warrior *
6
1
Elder Sign *
6
1
Thunderstone Advanced *
5
1
Conquest of Planet Earth
5
2
A Feast for Odin *
4
1
Space Hulk: Death Angel *
3
1
Xenoshyft: Dreadmire
2
2
Runebound 2nd Edition
2
2
The Fury of the Norsemen *
2
1
Star Realms
1
2
Outlive
1
2
Draconis Invasion
1
2
Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective *
1
1
Bommerz over Da Sulpha River *
1
1

For my home games I tallied 48 games across 15 game titles, those marked with an asterisk (*) are Solo mode games I played.  Twenty-one days and approximately 24 hours of play time.

So the year is about to wrap up, the club goes on hiatus until February, allowing the club owner to have a well deserved holiday.  As the internet PR man I will continue to post articles and such on the clubs site to keep people aware that the club is still alive and well.  It is concerning when one of the South East Queensland game clubs (Queensland Northern Knights) is tendering an item at their AGM to wrap up operations due to lack of members.  That now leaves only LXG, BIG (though not too sure) and the Blind Pig still operating as independent clubs unlike those that are ensconced in game stores.  I may have missed someone, but to my knowledge LXG, QNK and the Pig are the only clubs that I see regular reporting from.

I hope my health allows me to see the New Year in, but I’m having a hard time at present and I’m unsure what my future will be.

Till next time.


The Hon. John

No comments:

Post a Comment