Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Judge Dredd Miniatures Part I

So part one what does it entail?  Well I guess it is opening the blisters and preparing the figures.
I know remember why Mongoose have never really been high on my list of figure makers.  Their quality control is, or must be, non-existent.  (I was given some Star Fleet Battles figures made by Mongoose, they were resin and they were a nightmare.)

A lot of filing, some cursing when I got to the Tek-Judge, his right hand is almost non-existent.  Not sure where glove or device begins or ends.

Part of this process was locating all my JD material for painting reference.  I been collecting JD through 2000AD since the magazine first started (that's right Issue 1 onwards).  Stopped when the comic (2000AD) became too dark for my liking.  Bring back those halcyon days of the 70's please.  Oh dear I digressed again.  So I went looking, apart from some covers all my reference material is in black and white!

So for the next few hours I will be trolling the internet to try and find reference material so I can paint my lads and lassies.  Should be fun, as long as I don't start reading the comics and forget about what I am supposed to be doing. 

Here ends Part 1!

No comments:

Post a Comment