Sunday, August 22, 2010

What do you do when you have to many interests?

It's a question I ask myself every time I enter the Lair.

I currently game at the Blind Pig these days. It's close, it's friendly and the venue is top notch. The BP meet twice a month, and at present I'm there from 9ish to 4ish. So that's 7 hours or 14 hours a month to play games.

So I ask myself what do I play?

My interests are as broad as my girth and height. I'm really interested in "off the beaten track" game genres. For instance I have a large collection of Wild West figures (a left over passion from QGMC), and Piratical figures. Add to this my Vietnam and 20's Gangsters and you're starting to get the picture.

To make matters worse a particular hobby business keeps showing me lots of shiney new toys and I'm off on a tanget again.

So I come back to that all important question.

What do you plan to play in that 14 hour time slot for the month?

Will what you take with you get any takers to participate in a game?

Do you go with mediocrity and play what everyone else is (which isn't a bad thing, don't get me wrong) playing?

There really isn't any answer to those questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment