Monday, November 14, 2011

No Motivation

It's sad to say but I have lost my motivation and focus.  I know I've been saying this for a while, and I suppose people are tired of seeing me write as much.  Yet I have not found the enthusiasm to do any of the thousand and one projects that are sitting in my Studio, crying out for attention.

I thought a little shopping therapy would help me, by getting me excited with a new project.  It did not work.  I don't know what will get me going again.

I have decided to think through some logistical removals within my residence.  I think that the changes will result in some increased gaming space and the placement of my precious libraries out of harms way, as well as placing them all in one area.  I just have to work out how I'm going to be able to move all the furniture by myself in this heat.  I did it before, so I guess I can do it again.

So while I have been thinking of these plans I have been updating my library database.  I have now catalogued 4 bookcases and recorded 1,152 items.  Only 4 more bookcases and about 40 boxes to go.  I'm staggered by the size of it all.  It makes me hope that my children will appreciate what I'm going to leave them, otherwise I shall have to find a padawan who will accept my collection.

This brings me to a question that a number of people ask me.  "How can you afford all of this?"  Well for starters I own my home, I have no credit cards or debts of any kind.  I don't drink or smoke, eat out or gamble.  So this means that apart from the costs of living and utilities my pension allows me to buy the things I need that help to while away my time while waiting for the Grim Reaper.  So there's your answer people, I hope that answer satisfies your curiosity.

I'd really like to run some roleplaying games again, particularly Call of Cthulhu or Empire of the Petal Throne, even first edition Advanced Dungeons & Dragons.  I just need to find people who would want to participate in some games.

I intend to buy a few my 4'x4' boards from Bunnings this week.  This will allow me to have a variety of game systems catered for.  Just need some cheap paint to make them playable.

I'd like this heat we are having to go away, but I guess it's a taste of whats to come this Summer. 

Well I'm off to spray some more insecticide about, got to get those cockroaches under control.

No comments:

Post a Comment