Thursday, July 30, 2015

No painting due to broken lamp base!

My painting came to a grinding halt on the weekend past.


The plastic central hole finally perished and broke in multiple places.  I found out what they used as ballast - lots and lots of tiny round metal pieces.  Individually I viewed them as weightless, but clearly packed into a base - weigh quite a bit.

So the painting came to a dead halt.  I tried sourcing a replacement base, but no one seemed to stock any in Brisbane.  When I looked online they seemed to be only (my search capability is not great) available on eBay.

Lots of friends suggested help, but in the end I had to resort to my own genius to solve the issue.

So a lump of pine (its all I had), some nails and a drill made this work.  It works until I can sort out a more effective means of balancing base.

No comments:

Post a Comment