Monday, July 12, 2010

Warheads: Medieval Tales

Another miniature game.

http://www.warheadsthegame.com/

Honestly I was sceptical to start with when I saw this game and the figures.

However I did take the plunge and for just under AUS$100 I got the first two figures sets and the rules. There are eight figures in a box, so for $5 a figure it's not too bad when compared to other game systems. The rules can be downloaded for free from the website after you've registered.

I have found the figures to be well cast. My only complaint it the difficulty in filing off the mould lines on some of the models. For example Canute (the dog) has a line cutting across the muzzle hair, and I failed to pick it up when I was cleaning it up. I also found that the file I was using was not the best and has left scoring ridges that are going to play hell when I try to complete the job.

I have bought my sets and rules from the lovely people at Love, Dice and Paintbrushes

http://lovediceandpaintbrushes.com.au/index.php

So give them a try, you won't be sorry. I wasn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment